Thursday, March 29, 2018

YSL Pure Chromatic 4 Wet & Dry Eye Shadows - My Oldest & Most Loved Eye Shadow

Hello lovelies!

How are you all doing? I hope you're having a fab time.

Before I start rambling about my favourite eye shadow, don't we all just have that on make up that we can't live without. Like a favourite lipstick, or a favourite foundation, a lip balm or a highlighter! Well for me it will be my quad eye shadow from YSL.

This quad eye shadow is the YSL Pure Chromatic Eye Shadows which was launched way back 2011! And no, I did't have this way that time. I've only managed to get this around 2014 and this was on sale! Yup, I said it SALE! I mean when I see SALE I don't think twice but I just rush straight away (silly me).

I spotted this baby in our local Debenhams and yes I purchased it straight away.

So let's now go to business.

What is YSL Pure Chromatic 4 Wet & Dry Eye Shadow?

YSL Pure Chromatic 4 Wet & Dry Eye Shadow was launched in 2011 and is said to be the must have colours for Summer 2011, this embodies the unexpected intensity of a summer in Paris where everything is just possible.

This quad eye shadow has a metallic appearance. The formulation is creamy and it can give an intense metallic look or a subtle look, depending on your preference.





For me, I always love to apply it subtly. The colours are so gorgeous and you can use them day or night. My daytime colours will be the pink, the taupe and the white. The pink shade may look intense but it is actually champagne-y. You can always blend it in to achieve the desired richness or intensity.  I like combining the pink with the taupe shade. I use white as my base. This combo is a daytime appropriate look but you can also pull this look on "going out on a dinner date look'. You know how men loves less make up (wink).



The darkest shade in the group is definitely for a smokey eye or let's party sultry eye look. I actually love using the darkest shade during the winter season especially because it gets dark really early.




These eye shadows can also be applied wet. I haven't tried that though. I always apply it dry. I just love how creamy the formulation.  It doesn't leave any residues on your under eye. And with a good base it can actually last you for hours. 

Since this is a quad eye shadow, this can also be a good make up to pack with when you travel. You have all the colours that you need. Day look to night look appropriate colours. This is really handy, not heavy and is easy to reach on. 

This is definitely a winner for me as I don't like bringing a massive eye shadow whenever I travel or  even to bring with you to work on a daily basis. 

I had this baby for almost four years now and it's still amazing, I still choose this every time I go out, even if it's just going for errands or brunching with friends.

The taupe shade is well dented (only shows how much I've been using it). I' am not sure if YSL is still selling this or if this is in their permanent range. I heard they have discontinued it, but I' am not really sure. I'd definitely love to get myself another one though (I mean if they still have it). 

How about you? What's your oldest but most loved make up?

Share it down below in the comments section :)

Enjoy reading!


Thank you.


PS: If you love reading my blog, you can also check out what I'm up to on a daily basis in my Instgram: @awomansmodedevie


Ciao Bellas!














No comments:

Post a Comment